Reporting to the CFO and located at the head office in Oakville, the Manager, FP&A and their team of equally exceptional analysts will lead the companies planning and forecasting process while leveraging their past professional experience, education, and genuine interest in the business to develop insights to aid departments in achieving their goals. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining and evolving our financial reporting systems, working closely with IT and other groups within Finance department to create a robust reporting environment, facilitating advance performance analysis. To be successful in this role, you must possess a “builders” mentality; being driven by action to proactively address issues, with an eye towards process automation and operational optimization.
- Experience in developing reporting and analytics in a medium sized, multi-entity organization;
- A vision for “best-in-class” planning and forecasting with the ability to translate this into a cross-functional organization wide process;
- Operational mindset with a keen eye for identifying process inefficiencies coupled with the ingenuity and drive to implement superior solutions;
- Versatility in execution of departmental mandate by weighing internal and external factors in achievement of overall company objectives.
- Drive the annual financial planning process across the company by developing processes, and working with cross functional teams to achieve goals and meet timelines;
- Develop a robust monthly reporting package for senior management;
- Pricing and profitability reporting and analysis by margin, customer, SKU, brand and channel;
- Supporting RFP processes and Capital expenditure proposals by providing financial analysis and insights;
- Management and continuous improvement of financial reporting tool (Sage BV);
- Financial model development for new business opportunities;
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial results with variance analysis to prior year and budget;
- Actively participate in IT decision making process (IT steering committee);
- Develop reporting and dashboards based on own observations and evolving business needs;
- Develop, maintain and report on KPI’s to drive business performance improvements.
- Professional accounting designation or MBA;
- 5 years progressive FP&A experience;
- Advanced Excel experience; ability to create Macros and complex spreadsheet models;
- Experience using MS Access and Sage BV is an asset;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to leverage resources (people, processes, departments, tools) to complete objectives effectively and efficiently;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills, knowing when it is appropriate to delegate tasks
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trajectory is an equal opportunity employer