Our team is currently looking for a dynamic individual for a minimum one-year contract in the role of Trade Marketing Manager – Atlantic Canada.
Based in Nova Scotia, the TMM-Atlantic Canada provides trade marketing and strategic support to the Atlantic provinces reports to the National Trade Marketing Director. The TMM is responsible for planning, developing and managing the implementation of key marketing initiatives for all Atlantic provinces within the Trajectory portfolio.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists National Trade Marketing Director and Regional Sales Manager, Atlantic Canada in the development of channel plans and implement activities for Atlantic Canada Retail & On-premise channels (including promotions, listings etc).
- Work with Atlantic Sales team to develop and implement Brand Programs for Liquor Boards, Atlantic Grocery (where applicable), Retail Chain and on-premise customers.
- Provides programming coordination, administration and execution across Atlantic provincial liquor boards.
- Act as primary point of contact for liquor boards to discuss/present: marketing activities, sales performance, new listings, purchase orders, etc.
- Manages the application process for all programming through processes outlined by each liquor board jurisdiction.
- Maintain the program schedule for the Atlantic markets in a timely and accurate manner with latest approvals and agreed upon adjustments.
- Follow up on status of program & listing applications working with Brand and Sales Management teams.
- Listing Application submissions with presentations; supporting the listing process with Brand leads & Regional Sales Manager
- Assist with pricing calculations and advise Brand lead on competitive pricing based on brand pricing strategy for listing tenders and price submissions.
- Maintains schedule (National Price List) and coordinates pricing submissions for the TBP portfolio across Atlantic market working with TBP key stakeholders (provincial sales leads, marketing and finance).
- Measure & Evaluation: Analyzes and reports results of key marketing and sales activities monthly, with respect to brand program performance and competitive activity to ensure effective spend support needed to succeed in the market.
- Identifies opportunities to increase visibility and trial of the TBP portfolio through retail, on premise, sponsorships, consumer and trade events, festivals and provides all materials/creatives including a post event analysis.
- Procurement of trade (POS) materials & services when local production as required.
- Works closely and coordinates with TBP key stakeholders on sales forecasts, budgets and monthly performance by providing consumer and competitive insights.
- Results oriented individual, a self-starter focused on innovative ways to stay ahead of competition.
- Effective Two-Way Communication Style, interpersonal skills and persuasiveness when interacting with customers.
- Project Management & Workflow Capability (Organized). Adherence to deadlines.
- Engagement & Relationship building: ability to motivate and inspire others into actions supportive of our goals.
- High attention to detail, adherence to deadlines
- Relationship building skills:
- Ability to deal with customer “gatekeepers” and influence their decisions.
- Build and promote long-lasting relationships across our Partners, Liquor Boards, Brand team and sales representatives
- Analytical skills: ability to digest reports, look at findings across various reports to glean insights for improvements.
- Able to work both independently and in team environment
- Possess a degree or diploma in marketing and/or business administration
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- 3-5 years of beverage alcohol industry experience is preferred
- Canadian Beverage Alcohol Industry: Route-to-Market Structure, Compliance and Marketing Regulations; retail and on-premise guidelines, provincial regulations by jurisdiction for compliance.
- Retail and or On-Premise experience / strong familiarity with the sales channels in our industry
- Must be able to travel as needed
Trajectory welcomes and encourages applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.