The team is looking for their next member in the role of Key Account Manager, LCBO/Grocery. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, ON, this role will be responsible for maximizing the Company’s sales opportunities with the LCBO and Grocery channel by cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with key category buyers, supply chain, merchandising and other key stakeholders. This will be accomplished through relentless focus, opportunism, initiative, identification of opportunities and persuasive presentations. The incumbent will work closely with the Company brand, sales and business insights teams in identifying and pursuing opportunities.
The KAM will be expected to drive new listings, case and revenue volume and grow the TBP beverage alcohol portfolio in the LCBO & Grocery Customers on an annual, quarterly and monthly basis.
- Build and sustain strong productive relationships with the LCBO and Grocery customers.
- Serve as the primary liaison / bridge between the Customers and leadership, brand / trade and sales management of the Company.
- Prepare annual revenue sales plan.
- Working with Company category / brand team, prospecting, quantifying, and qualifying opportunities to determine potential fit with the Company’s brand portfolio.
- Represent the Company along with appropriate senior sales, brand / marketing leaders at key customer events / activities.
- Responsible for selling in all innovation, scale events and category opportunities including communication of listing status, distribution expectations, shelf and performance to brand, trade and sales management.
- Inform Brand, Trade Marketing and Sales management of upcoming activity and associated revenue impact
- Assist Sales Management and Trade Development in the development of account specific presentations
- Analyze competitive activities and generate insights to create a competitive advantage.
- Provide product and brand marketing knowledge through sales aides and staff training seminars.
- Ensure all key company stakeholders are informed of Customer policies, programs and changes on an ongoing basis
- Meet regularly with Customer decision makers to review and assess the Company’s performance
- Successful record of selling and marketing of wine, spirits, beer and RTD
- Excellent Negotiation and Persuasive Selling Skills
- Deep knowledge and familiarity with LCBO & Grocery regulations, policies, trends and competition
- Minimum 10 years in Beverage Alcohol Industry in Ontario
- Minimum WSET Level 2 or equivalent
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate sound judgment and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership capabilities with strong presentation interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Competent level of computer skills, including use of MS Office
- Capable of seeking out new ideas, exhibit initiative and be proactive
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing complex and at times sensitive customer relationships
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trajectory is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.