The Trade Marketing Manager (TMM) is responsible for planning, developing and managing the implementation of key marketing initiatives for all Western provinces within the Trajectory portfolio.
In this Role, the Trade Marketing Manager – Western Canada will:
- Play an integral role in regional plans by supporting the National Trade Marketing Director and Vice President Sales, Western Canada in the developing and implementing brand and channel solutions with primary focus on Retail & On-premise (including promotions, listings, events etc).
- Execute with excellence by working closely with Western Sales team to achieve program objectives and strategies to attract target consumer by creating excitement within the right channel/customers (Liquor Boards, Western Grocery, Retail Chain and on-premise).Provide programming coordination, administration and execution in BC, AB, SK and MB, within the private markets and provincial liquor boards.
- Manage the application process for all program activity through processes outlined by each liquor board jurisdiction.
- Play a key part in the new business opportunities, sales presentations (product calls) including pricing and portfolio management.
- Foster and develop relationships with key liquor board customers
- generating new business through product calls, promotional opportunities (Display and shelf) and development of exclusive offerings.
- act as key interface with associate buyers, inventory planners and wholesale division buyers in BC
- Coordinates with National Brand team on brand POS allocations, sales forecasts, budgets, and monthly performance through the provision of activity reports and brand summaries.
- Fulfillment and logistics of trade (POS) materials and procurement (when local production is required) to ensure timely and effective implementation.
- Identify issues and opportunities through review and analysis of sales performance metrics within the Western provinces.
- Collaborates with the Western team in the identification and evaluation of promotional opportunities to support sales and brand activations for Trajectory portfolio including sponsorships, brand ambassadors, events and festivals.
- Serves as a source of competitive / consumer intelligence
- University Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of industry experience is preferred
- Ability to work both independently & as part of cross-functional teams
- Strong communication & priority setting skills
- Understanding of Canadian beverage Alcohol Industry: regulatory environment, marketing compliance and guidelines.
- Project Management & Organizational skills
- Retail and or On-Premise experience / strong familiarity with the sales channels in our industry
- Negotiation skills
- Must be able to travel as needed
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trajectory welcomes and encourages applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.