Our team is currently looking for a dynamic individual for the role of National Brand Manager- Import WinesUnder the direction of the Marketing Director – Import Wines, the NBM, Import Wines is responsible for participating in the development national of long-term strategies and annual provincial marketing plans that deliver target financial goals for the wine brands included in the assigned portfolio, and for the ongoing oversight and management of those plans.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Strategic Brand Planning - Develop long-term and annual brand plans, forecasts and marketing strategies in partnership with cross functional teams based on deep knowledge and development of market, customer and category insights, analysis of key challenges and opportunities, identification of key strategies, priorities and tactics and associated financials to deliver overall business and brand health objectives.
- Ensure interpretation, adaptation and compliance of partner (supplier) brand(s) positioning in all marketing communications, programs and activities.
- Prepare and present plans, budgets and business case(s) analysis to partners in support of our recommendations.
- Develop and maintain strong, trusting and value-based business relationships with partners of his/her portfolio.
- Undertake detailed business analysis of portfolio category, brand performance and competitor activity (pricing, distribution, promotion program performance, portfolio category reviews) to provide solid recommendations to partners in order to foster growth across all markets / channels.
- Working with Trade Marketing and Sales teams, develop integrated Marketing / brand activation plans to generate sales / profitability in all markets and channels for individual brands within his / her portfolio - including various Marketing levers (Retail, On premise, Media, PR, Sponsorships, Activations, Tastings, etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate performance against plans and activities on an ongoing basis and undertake comprehensive quarterly Brand Reviews of the brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends and make recommendations to course-correct in a timely fashion as may be required.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to undertake pricing analyses, determine options, make recommendations and oversee pricing strategy on key brands
- Work with the Insights & Intelligence team to ensure current knowledge of market and consumer trends, customers/markets and competitors to recognize challenges and opportunities.
- Work with Insights & Intelligence team to identify retail and consumer insights that can be turned into actionable plans to improve / deliver desired brand goals and performance.
- Working with Finance team to develop each Brand’s P&L during Annual Brand Planning, identifying key levers to optimize profitability. Monitor monthly P&L progress and propose recommendations throughout the year.
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge understanding of the legal and regulatory regulations of the respective Alcohol and Gaming Commissions across Canada
The successful candidate will be/possess:
- Strategic thinker – able to analyze data and present in comprehensive format
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to influence
- Planning & organizational skills
- Proven collaborator
- Minimum of 7 years marketing experience, preferably in a brand management role in either Beverage Alcohol or CPG industries
- Ideal candidate will have knowledge of, and or experience with the wine category specifically
- Business/marketing related degree or equivalent experience
- Strong trade marketing and channel management knowledge / experience
- Fluency in French and / or Spanish is an asset
- Minimum WSET Level 2
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trajectory welcomes and encourages applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has full vaccination policy against Covid-19 to ensure the health and safety of all employees, visitors, and customers.