We are currently recruiting for a passionate, dedicated, team player who is self-motivated and goal oriented to fill the position of Territory Manager On-Premise, General Vancouver Area working out of Vancouver, BC. Our organization has an industry leading leadership team; a collaborative working environment full of determination and success; and a unique selling structure which offers best in class sales incentives as well as comprehensive training and development for our team members.
The Territory Manager will be responsible for and empowered to manage, plan, and sell to a variety of restaurants, hotels, and other private establishments within a designated territory. The objective is to secure distribution and expand sales of our beverage portfolio from both a volume and profit perspective, driving increased market share while positioning Trajectory Beverage Partners as one of the leading suppliers of premium wine, spirits, and beer in this area, and building on our reputation of exceeding expectations.
- Utilize the TBP selling methodology to grow volume, sales revenue, market share while looking to improve the available product mix to generate strong EBIT and ROI.
- Ensure the annual sales volume, revenue, and margin contribution of accounts meets targeted levels with the goal of exceeding the territory and provincial business plan.
- Develop targeted strategic account plans, progress reports and track industry/competitive information.
- Maintain a balanced call pattern and schedule for a predefined group of accounts determined by the ranking of volume and opportunity.
- Construct and deliver persuasive sales presentations to increase account share at existing accounts and secure distribution with new and opportunistic accounts.
- Manage and control a promotional budget at both account and territory level with sufficient supportive reporting.
- Secure and cultivate a strong position as a core partner and trusted resource within the Greater Vancouver market.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with all key decision makers and their partners.
- Create, maintain, and consult on wine and beverage products lists for customers
- Collaborate with internal departments such as Marketing, Finance, and Insights to ensure cooperative and positive business development and growth.
- Identify, create, and manage value added initiatives and programs with accounts, including but not limited to tastings, incentives, customer education programs, and events.
- Complete other special projects as required, including but not limited to trade events, trade shows, consumer tastings, seminars, and staff trainings.
- A Post Secondary diploma/degree or comparable within Business, Sales, and/or Marketing
- A track record of success in a similar role with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- WSET Level 2 or ISG Certification or alternative equivalent; willingness to continue to Level 3
- Strong wine product knowledge with a passion and understanding of the BC beverage alcohol industry.
- Account/Territory Management experience (focus with On-Premise accounts an asset). Experience in the designated Territory considered a very strong asset.
- Strong analytical skills and polished presentation abilities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven problem solving and negotiation skills with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with both customers and peers.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, driven and disciplined.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to create and modify PowerPoint presentations, Word and Excel documents as well as effectively utilize web-based tools and resources.
- Proof of valid driver’s license is required.
- Valid Serving it Right certificate
- Must reside within, or in close proximity to the general area of the sales territory.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
We thank all applicants for applying however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trajectory Beverage Partners is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with differing abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The company has a full vaccination policy against COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of our employees, partners, and customers.